Partner, Berlin, Jena
- Establishment, financing, further development, conversion, sale, restructuring and liquidation of companies and associations in a wide range of industries.
- Advising national and international entrepreneurs, companies and associations as well as the public sector on company, insolvency, foundations and association law.
- Advising foreign governments on the implementation of legislative and administrative projects within the framework of non-governmental organisations
- Industry expert in the real estate sector as well as in the renewable energy, retail, high-tech, media and recreational industries
- Interim assumption of management, board and supervisory board positions in national and international, private and listed groups within the scope of restructuring and management mandates
- Member of the Banking Law Association – Academic Society for Banking Law (Frankfurt/Main), member of the Berlin/Brandenburg Working Group for Insolvency Law, member of the German Association for International Tax Law as well as coach and juror of various start-up initiatives of public investment banks.
Education / Professional career
- Study of law and economics at the Universities of Gießen, Speyer and Berlin
- Study of oenology at the Université Bordeaux Montaigne
- Activities for the Berlin Stock Exchange, the Treuhandanstalt der Bundesrepublik Deutschland (Trust Agency of Germany), the Berlin Tax Office for corporations and for international and national commercial law firms as follows:
- 1994-1995: Lawyer at BEITEN BURKHARDT, specialising in liquidation and restructuring
- 1996 – 1999: Lawyer at WilmerHale with focus on liquidation and restructuring
- 1999 – 2017: Lawyer and partner at Geiser & von Oppen, focusing on the establishment, financing, further development, transformation, sale, restructuring and liquidation of companies and associations
- Since 2007: Head of Corporate Affairs ZAFIN software group with special responsibility for the locations in the European Union and Switzerland
- Since 2017: Lawyer and partner at GrothmannGeiser with focus on the establishment, financing, development, transformation, sale, restructuring and liquidation of companies and associations in various industries.
Business fluent in English and Dutch